The Best and Worst Dressed at the GRAMMY’s
Yet again, there was another award show with some great style and some not-so-great looks. I have to say that I felt there was one clear winner for best dressed that night. I knew it from the moment I saw her on the red carpet.
Rihanna’s usually fluctuating style was at its peak on Sunday. Every outfit she wore (there were 3) looked beautiful, her hair was flawless, and she radiated grace.
Here are 3 others that I thought killed it on the red carpet as well:
- Justin Timberlake: Everything from his Tom Ford suit and tie to his black and white performance screamed “dapper” to me. I thought his look and the classy feel in his performance were perfect for introducing his long-awaited comeback to the music industry.
- Taylor Swift: She looked gladiator chic in her J. Mendel Gown and Jimmy Choo heels. I loved how powerful she looked since she usually wears more youthful and feminine things. It gave her a bit of an edge, which I loved.
- Alicia Keys: She also brought out the fierce side of herself by wearing a Azzedine Alaia leather, cutout dress with Jimmy Choo’s and Lorrain Schwartz jewels.
And not so much:
- Mumord & Sons: I love these boys and was so proud of their accomplishments, but unfortunately, I wasn’t a big fan of their looks. I felt that they were too casual for the Grammy’s. Their look as a whole is a little too cheap and mismatched. i
- Katy Perry: I’m sure many will disagree, but I wasn’t a fan of her Gucci body-con dress this year. That kind of cleavage and decorative neckline need to be paired with a simple color or it becomes too much like a costume and less like a gown. If the whole look was black or in more neutral tones, I would’ve loved it.
- Lupe Fiasco: His look was a mess. Everything from the baggy pants to the tunic top and extra long blazer made him look out of place. I recognize originality, but I think he would’ve been better suited in… well, a suit!
What do you think of my picks for best and worst dressed?