With more time freeing up with school being out or summer vacations scheduled, you may find your schedule needs some filling. I always find that summer is the season I look for a good book to take with me to the beach or read all day in bed when I’m feeling lazy.
It’s difficult for many of us to pick a good book to read. Oftentimes, we are skeptical of the summary and worry that it will not be worth the money or time, but what about the books that were made into the movies you have seen? You know the story and whether or not it appealed to you, so you can be sure you will find it interesting.
Here are some of books that were turned into recent films, so pick your favorite, check it out from the library or pick it up from Barnes and Nobles and head somewhere outdoors to get wrapped up in your favorite adventure.
1. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
2. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
3. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.
4. Life of Pi by Yann Martel
5. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
6. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
7. Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire) by George R. R. Martin
8. The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo by Stieg Larsson
9. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
10. The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks
What's your favorite summer book to read?